Monday, April 12, 2010

Costa Rican Food

This is what my husband said about this dish: "Honey heres a pic of my platter. I know u will be proud of me for being

adventurous and trying something different. Notice the mussell on the rice.
The mussell was good. Octopus legs were a little chewy.
And squid was tasty
Loves u"

I am proud! While he is gone, the girls and I are trying Costa Rican food, too.
Below is the 'before' pic of marinated mangoes.


 
After:

Tico rice, before:
Sorry, no after picture. It was wonderful, though. I served it to the girls with canned black beans on top and fresh tamales on the side. They loved it!

So.....without B this weekend what did we do? Friday night we saw a movie and grocery shopped, Saturday morning we went to the gym, bought 34 shrubs and azaleas, then planted until I sunburned. Sunday we went to church then came home to eat our adventurous food, then I planted some more and mowed the lawn. Last night we had movie night in the living room floor and watched Hannah Montana The Movie and ate popcorn. Mom needed a break after being yard girl.
The girls and I have been a great team while dad is on his adventure.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm impressed with your cooking..and planting..and mowing!! WOW!