Anyway, I began to prepare a meatloaf for a picnic of meatloaf sandwiches along with tortilla pinwheels. We packed our goodies, put on our boots, and were off to the woods. We found the perfect spot for a picnic just down a cliff about 40 feet tall, so after the four of us scaled it, we enjoyed our meal in the woods. We then had to scale it a few more times just for good measure.
After that, we went to another set of woods and pretended like we were running from an African headhunter tribe and were being led by King PooP-Ah (a.k.a Dad) Fortunately we outsmarted and outran them.
We spotted a turtle on the way home, so he came home with us. The girls smelled like boys, so put on their swimsuits to cool off in the sprinkler. While they changed I corralled the turtle and the shit-zu. The girls quickly decided the water was TOO cold, so opted for a shower indoors.
We decided to go to Kilgore to purchase some new baby chicks, stopping for a snow-cone on the way, of course. We ended up with 6 chicks and a guinea. Who would have guessed.
Ken needed a larger softball glove and Kam needed new rubber boots, so to Target we went. $95.00 later we had the two items we went in for.
Sunday was church, nap, housekeeping day and was kind of a drag. It usually is for me. That's the day I realize I have to go back to work and school and am usually behind on both, especially school, from neglecting it while I'm home with my sweet family. Pictures to follow.
Updated to include pics:
A visit to the pig farm
Journaling on a bucket in the front yard. In the middle of the front yard
Remember when I planted shrubs and azaleas? The shrubs died. Ken threw them away for me.
A storm coming....
Sweet Ken
Sweet Lucy
Still in the front yard
Feeding cows.
This almost got Ken...
My breakfast.
Pics of the picnic...
I was so excited to have gotten this photo! It was hard to get one with his wings open
Notice it has 4 legs.
The one we set free.....
They will DIE if they see I posted this picture, but I thought it was cute. They kept fanning their stomachs, complaining their bellies were hot.
Ok. Pig farm pic again. I am secretly afraid of big pigs. My family doesn't know that. I put on a brave front.





















No comments:
Post a Comment