Friday, June 25, 2010

What a week

   As you probably already know, Monday morning I ran over and killed our little dog-with my girls in the car. They were devastated, as was I. Fortunately, Lucy didn't suffer for long before she went to heaven.

Tuesday a black cat crossed my path. This is the only superstition I believe in. See my old superstition post. Later Tuesday we went to visit my grandmother who hospice has began to take care of.

Wednesday night a dear friend's father passed away in his sleep-one week after his wife was laid to rest. We found out Thursday morning. Also on Wednesday I ran over a squirrel. Yes the girls were in the car. I heard Kamryn tell her sister, "We better watch out or we may be next."

Thursday was just busy, like everyday is. I did almost hit a deer, though, but that happens a couple times every week. Oh, I almost for got. I had to go to Wal-mart on my lunch break and almost got kidnapped. I guy started toward me, all the doors of his van were open, and was asking for money. I yelled, "NO" in a stearn voice and ran to the car.

This morning on the way to drop off my girls, a buzzard fell lifeless from a power line to his death. Apparently he was electrocuted the moment I drove by.

Steer clear of the silver 4-Runner.

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

OH my what a week. If your at mom and dad's tonight will you please keep your distance ;)

HAHAHA!

Jill said...

oh my. Well you got me thinking. A little birdy flew by my car while I was driving home today and didn't make it. I had to drive the last mile home with him dangling from my antenna!!!! And me sort of muffled screaming, trying to not look at it while I was driving. My husband and girls didn't even see it happen and couldn't figure out why I was freaking. ugh. And last summer a deer impaled itself on my metal fence... The year before a bird in the front grill, year before hit a squirrel, and the day we took JM home from the hospital, hubby hit a squirrel. Very memorable thing to happen and hubby doesn't remember it! Maybe a once a year thing for us... I couldn't handle it all in one week. Glad I can share and you relate! haha