As you know, Granny lost both brothers and her husband in a span of only 16 days. She has had a terrible last couple weeks and is holding up miraculously well considering the circumstances. She is an amazingly strong woman with tons of life left to live. And she'll do it with glitter, sparkles, and freshly painted nails. For those of you that know my little Ken, you know that Granny is where Ken inherited her flamboyant, feisty, colorfulness from. Granny and Ken love everything that's flashy.
So yesterday after lunch Brian, Ken, Kam, Lori, and I hopped in the car to purchase a rooster. Union Grove is the community in which the poultry came from. He is huge. I've never seen such big chicken feet. Ken, who's never seen a chicken close up, wasn't scared at all. She "took the bull by the horns" so to speak and held the "little" fellow all the way home. He growled and stood up a few times but was a surprisingly well behaved passenger---and best of all, he didn't potty in my car. Lori got the "eye" from the rooster all the way home and was a tad concerned that he was plotting against her, but all was well. This isn't a great photo, so I'll take more over the weekend. I still need to post calf pictures.
Total farm count to date:
2 Horses, 2 more on the way (Comet and Abbi)
2 Nubian Goats, possibly 1 or 2 more on the way (Nanny Taylor, Bernie Mac)
1 Pygmy Goat (Ike)
1 Angora Goat (Monte)
1 Little black sheep (Wooly)
3 Brangus Calves (W.H., Jezabel, and Precious)
1 Crowing Rooster (Pretty Boy)
*********Update***********
I spoke to Granny this morning and she is hanging in there. She was so excited that "Pretty Boy"---her rooster--- Crowed!!!! She couldn't hear him even with her hearing aid on, so raised the kitchen window. She is so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment