I knew that title would get your attention.
Last night at the concert, there was a Compassion International booth. I had never heard of this organization, but it is a Christian based group that focuses on improving the spiritual, economic, and social poverty of children around the world. Sponsoring a child is only $38.00/month, and the cool thing is that you actually get to choose your child, write to them, and have a relationship with them. Many people even meet their child, which we hope to do. All your letters will be translated by CI workers, so your child will understand what you have to say.
Our little boy, Claudomyr is almost 8 years old. He attends church activities at the local CI development center near his home and is able to go to school.
What do the girls think about our sponsorship??
Ken: "When is he getting here?
Kam: "Where is he going to sleep?"
Ken: "I'm so excited to have a brown brother!"
Our church goes to Haiti every year, and we hope to go next summer. Maybe we will get to meet Claudomyr!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment