Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Morning drama

Act 1. Characters:
Kennedy- a beautiful, high-maintainance five year old with flowing blonde hair and big blue eyes.
Mom- a tired, stressed out full-time student, employee, mom, and wife.

Scene 1: 1:00a.m.
Ken- "Momma. My ear hurts. "
Mom- getting up to find ear drops. "Ok. This should help."

Scene 2: 1:25a.m.
Ken- "Momma. It still hurts."
Mom- "Ok. Take this Tylenol. It will stop hurting soon."

Scene 3: 2:12a.m.
This scene takes place after many position adjustments, back rubs, arm changes, and pillow fluffings...
Mom- (unable to go back to sleep) "Ken. Do you feel better?"
Ken- "No. Why are those bracelets in the kitchen?"
Mom- "Becuase I wore those with my Halloween costume and I had to wash all the cotton candy sugar off them."
Ken- "Can I wear them to school when we wake up?"
Mom- "Sure. If we ever get to go to sleep first."

Scene 3: 3:30a.m.
Ken- (spoken in a sweet little whisper...)"Momma. I'm thirsty."
Mom- (goes to get a very berry juice box from the garage fridge) "Here you go."
Ken- (rubs her mom's back)"I love you."

Scene 4: 3:49a.m.
Ken- "Momma. I'm still awake."
Mom- "Yep."
Ken- "Can I go to the restroom?"
Mom- "Please do."


Then Dad's alarm went off at 4:00a.m.
Then the other alarm went off at 6:00a.m.
Ken: "5 more minutes....."

She gets the 5 more minute stuff from me...I say that to Brian all the time!!

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Oh that was cute! I'm sorry you didn't get ANY sleep, but it was cute!