This year--4th grade-- has been quite difficult. She decided she would not take her medication this year. We were on our 4th kind, and were on the 3rd level of dosage on it. She hated the feeling of sleepiless and depression it gave her and vowed she can make it through the school year without it. She has succeded. She struggles but is doing her best, which is all we can ask for. This is a little girl that can go into the bathroom for a hairbrush, but can't remember why she is there once she arrives, and that when telling a story, has to stop and regroup several times, before finally getting it out. She had, in the past, gotten frustrated and gave up, always after a tearful breakdown. She seems to have accepted this about herself. She still struggles with the meanness little girls her age apparently have, but knows that God has a plan for her.
On the day I took this photo, I told her she was beautiful. "She replied, "Momma, I don't have any beauty."
It broke my heart.
This is my little girl, Kamryn, and she is our beautiful entry.

6 comments:
She IS beautiful!! I hope you win!! :)
So sweet. So heartbreaking. Kids can be so cruel. I love this shot.
OH Amanda! You joined it!!!!! I'm so proud and excited for you! Kamryn is absolutely precious and beautiful! Mean kids break my heart too! Give the girls kisses from us!
Alli says HI!
And Dad has a check for y'all for camp!
Beautiful shot. Beautiful girl! If this was a voting thing...I'd vote for you! :-)
Wow...so incrediby sweet, AND heartbreaking.
Found you through a link at Sailor and Co's...and, I feel your pain.
We too, are struggling with "Mean Girls", and it breaks my heart that the words and/or actions of other little girls hurt MY little girl's heart.
(Hugs to you!!!)
What hard words to hear and how sad. But you're right! She is beautiful. And what a strong person to be able to accomplish a difficult year. She'll go far for sure!
Post a Comment